Room Reservation Policy and Procedure
All room reservation requests will be initiated and managed through YaRooms. Great Bay Community College rooms are available by reservation for Great Bay Community College faculty, and staff. Great Bay Community College reserves the rights to change, alter, or cancel a room reservation at its discretion and with appropriate notice when possible.
- Please submit room requests at least 48 hours prior to the event.
- Confirmation for Great Bay Community rooms may take up to 24-48 hours. Confirmations are only sent Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Your request is verified when you receive a room confirmation email.
- Rooms can only be requested for the current semester. Requests for dates in future semesters will be placed on hold, pending final classroom schedule.
- Reservations are held for the first 15 minutes of an event. After which, empty rooms become available for use.
- Repeated reservation of space left unused and not cancelled, may result in the suspension of your ability to request space.
- All requests are monitored. Excessive use of space by an individual or group may be questioned for justification.
- Any questions and comments regarding rooms can be set to email@example.com.
- All rooms with come with the standard set up, if you rearrange a room please return it to its original configuration so that the room will be ready for its next usage. If you need a special set up you will need to submit a Maintenance Request at http://greatbay.edu/about/employee-resources/maintenance-request
- If your group is reserving a table in the foyer, please make sure your area is cleaned up following the event, otherwise it may prevent you from being granted space in the future.
- Dispose of all signs, papers, and waste from your event. If refreshments have been served, you MUST clean up the room before you leave. Please encourage people to recycle. Failure to do so may preclude you from reserving Great Bay Community rooms in the future.
- If serving food to a group, the Green Bean has exclusive catering rights on campus. Any food served at a meeting that utilizes College funds MUST use the Green Bean. The Green Bean does have a catering menu. For more information contact Amanda in the Green Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are serving food please contact Great Bay Community Facilities Management at http://greatbay.edu/about/employee-resources/maintenance-request prior to your event to set up trash and recycling receptacles.
Request a Room
- Read the Great Bay Community College Room Reservation Policy and Procedure.
- Go to the Great Bay Community College YaRooms website.
- In the upper left corner chose which type of reservation you would like to make.
- Portsmouth Rooms
- Rochester Rooms
- Choose a date and time for your meeting.
- Event Type: Pick the type of event you are requesting space for.
- Meeting Title: Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Verify Room
- Verify Date and Time:
- Select the time that you need to be in there, from set up to break down. Remember you will only have access to the room at the time you requested. You will not have additional time before or after.
- List the contact person for the event and contact info
- List the actual time of the event not including set up and breakdown
- DO NOT list details of your event, this software is for reservations on programming.
- Advanced: Add any additional reoccurrences.
- Book: Sends your request
Cancel a Room Reservation
To cancel a reservation that you made directly in YaRooms:
- Log In and locate your event, date and time.
- Click on Event
- Click on Edit
- Click on Cancel Booking
To cancel a reservation that Student Life made for you:
- Contact Sara Lang at email@example.com
Vehicle Request Information
- Vehicles can only be requested by GBCC faculty and staff that have completed the College Vehicle requirements. For more information contact Diane S. Carroll in HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vehicle keys and logs can be picked up in the Business office M-F from 8am-4pm.
- You must complete the vehicle log.
- All vehicles must be returned with a full tank of gas.