Students Highlighting Outstanding Work
A day dedicated to showcasing our student's achievements. All worthy projects or assignments from any curriculum or class can be shaped for presentation into one of these 3 forums.
Monday, April 25, 2016 & Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Student Presentations & Performances
11:00am - 1:00pm
What can you S.H.O.W.?
- Research projects that are based on a question or hypothesis.
- Long term Projects and assignments that resulted in some individual interpretations, analysis, or demonstrations of understanding or arrival at some conclusions.
- Long term projects that required student to create a product: Art, computer program, creation of a graphic design; video or program.
- Long term or comprehensive projects that require problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Poetry, Music, or Dramatic scene performances.
Opportunities and Incentives
SGA, Student Life, and our GBCC Business Partners, and S.H.O.W. are excited to announce a new partnership to provide students with more scholarship opportunities for participating in S.H.O.W.
Through our Distinguished Leader Scholarship Awards, $250 Scholarships could be awarded to up to 20 judged presentations from the Project Poster and Multi Media presentations. These Scholarships could be applied at GBCC or at a Transfer institution.
Students participating in the Performance Forum will be compensated as part of Student Appreciation Week entertainment.
All students participating in S.H.O.W. can earn points toward a GBCC STAR Scholarship and will be entered into a raffle for an IPad and a Blue Ray Player.
Contact: Diane King, S.H.O.W. Coordinator email@example.com (or one of the individual forum coordinators or your course instructor)