Tuition Assistance Resources for Non-credit Courses
1. Business & Training Center Non-credit Scholarship*
For students entering non-credit courses and programs through the Business & Training Center
The following are requirements to complete the application process:
- Completed Scholarship Application
- Completed FAFSA at https://fafsa.gov. Enter GBCC School Code: 002583
- Programs such as CNC Production, HVAC, Medical Assistant Training, Medical Office Specialist and Project SEARCH require an additional admissions application process. Please inquire for more information.
- Deadline: Scholarship applications must be submitted at least two weeks before the start date of the class for which you are applying.
*Scholarships cannot be used for online professional development courses.
For more information:
2. Workforce Investment Opportunity Act
Training for high-demand jobs in New Hampshire may be funded through the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Check with a WIOA Employment Counselor at any NH Works Center for information on Individual Training Accounts.?
WIOA Approved Non-credit programs include CNC Production, HVAC, Medical Assistant Training, Medical Office Specialist, Office Administration, Precision Machining and Production & Inventory Management.
For more information: Workforce Investment Opportunity Act
3. New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
For students of any age who are pursuing short-term vocational or technical studies in fields such as automotive technology, plumbing, heating, construction, advanced manufacturing, computer repair, and licensed nursing assistant.
For more information: www.nhcf.org
4. New Hampshire Job Training Fund
A state of NH matching grant program to enhance worker skills. Companies can take advantage of this program through an application to the NH Department of Resources & Economic Development.
For more information: www.nhjobtrainingfund.org