Advanced Composites Manufacturing Certificate
Typical Job Opportunities
Many students will enter the workforce after completing level 2. They may continue to learn as they earn by studying in either technical or leadership tracks. A leadership path could provide opportunities to be become a team leader within their specialization. A technical path could lead to increased skill level and potential certification by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers as a Certified Manufacturing Technologist.
To learn more about potential earnings visit:
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Occupational Outlook Handbook
The goal of the Advanced Composites Manufacturing program is to prepare the student to work in the advanced composites manufacturing industry, including aerospace, automotive, wind energy, and others. After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Define the processes and materials used in advanced composites manufacturing.
- Illustrate the flow of materials and resources within the manufacturing process for advanced composite materials.
- Apply terminology used in aerospace, explain regulatory compliance, and describe quality concepts.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve mathematical problems that affect composite part design and manufacture.
- Understand the fundamental science concepts behind composites manufacturing.
- Apply techniques for observing, gathering, and recording data.
- Anticipate or recognize the existence of a problem or nonconformity.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize safety issues and to observe all safety procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully meet the requirements of a machine operator position in advanced composites manufacturing.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow written instructions with particular attention to detail and quality.