Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology Certificate
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge required to assume the role of a qualified, entry-level motorcycle maintenance professional, include pre-delivery inspection (PDI), tires, wheel bearings, brakes, scheduled service, oil changes, moving motorcycles, road testing, shop workflow, multi-point inspections, and state inspections.
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate use and care of tools and equipment in the motorcycle maintenance lab.
- Diagnose, repair and document motorcycle systems including powertrains, electrical systems, wheels, tires, and brakes.
- Inspect a vehicle, use a diagnostic approach to determine cause of operating problems, and decide action to take; complete a NH State Motorcycle Inspection.
- Compare and contrast alternate actions to determine whether to repair or replace a part.
- Use appropriate software and digital equipment to retrieve information, diagnose and analyze problems, and report outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
For more information about the outlook and trends for careers in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology, please visit: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes493052.htm
Demand for motorcycle technicians in New Hampshire is significant, with an average annual compensation for experienced technicians at $42,000, and top compensation at $60,000 for highly experienced technicians