Nondestructive Testing Certificate
The goal of the NDT Technology certificate is to prepare students for entry level jobs in nondestructive
testing. Students completing the program may continue to earn an Associate Degree in Technical Studies.
After successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Meet the number of hours of classroom training required for certification once on the job training is done with an employer;
- Explain the skills, knowledge, ability, and qualifications required of the NDT technician;
- Understand the origins and classifications of discontinuities;
- Demonstrate proficiency with the principles and practices of the applicable test method and techniques, including ability to process parts, document results, and perform equipment standardization in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to properly perform a field calibration test and adjustment, evaluation for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions, and record results;
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out the duties of an entry level NDT technician or NDT trainee.
Select and explain an appropriate testing methods for various situations and explain advantages and
limitations of that method.