Hospitality Management Associate in ScienceApply
A career in Hospitality provides a broad range of management opportunities in hospitality sales and marketing, hotel, restaurant, travel, tourism, and spa management, convention services, wedding and event planning, entrepreneurship opportunities, and private club management. Employment of meeting, convention, and event planners is projected to grow 33 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations.
To learn more about potential earnings visit:
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Graduates of the Hospitality Management program will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental components, historical developments, and the current and future trends of the global hospitality industry.
- Explain the significance of the guest-host relationship inherent to the hospitality industry and the strategies used to achieve service excellence.
- Display the necessary written and oral communication skills required to be successful in the hospitality industry, including nonverbal techniques and an appreciation of cultural differences.
- Realize and appreciate the importance of professional, ethical, legal, and social issues and responsibilities related to the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of effective hospitality sales, marketing, and management practices.
- Develop and apply problem solving, decision making, team building and critical thinking skills to practical hospitality management situations.
- Broaden career perspectives and enhance personal and professional development opportunities for a successful career in the hospitality industry.
Still not sure?
Learn more about the Hospitality Management Associate in Science program.