Liberal Arts Associate in ArtsApply
Liberal Arts Concentrations
The following focused Associate of Arts concentrations provide the opportunity for students to transfer to specific Baccalaureate degrees at four-year institutions:
- Liberal Arts/American Studies
- Liberal Arts/Biological Science
- Liberal Arts/Business Studies
- Liberal Arts/Chemistry
- Liberal Arts/Engineering Science
- Liberal Arts/Environmental Studies
- Liberal Arts/Teacher Preparation
The primary objective of the Liberal Arts Degree program is transfer. The program is representative of the first two years of a baccalaureate program. Its academic format emphasizes access to various disciplines of knowledge, critical thinking, and the principles and techniques of research within academic subject areas. Students will find the program flexible enough to allow them to select courses based on the requirements of the four-year colleges to which they plan to transfer or use their course selections to clarify their educational goals and to explore career opportunities and interests. This broad experience provides students with the academic exposure relevant to intellectual, personal, and social growth.
- Completion of a degree program based upon the discovery and development of academic interests.
- Exposure to a variety of courses that satisfy general education requirements at GBCC and transfer institutions.
- Involvement in or completion of Associate of Arts concentrations that prepare students to transfer to specific baccalaureate degrees at four-year institutions.
- Participation in elective offerings in the Arts and Science disciplines that support intellectual enrichment and continued study in a variety of fields.
Through their involvement in a variety of Arts and Sciences courses, students will develop the skills necessary to interpret facts, solve problems, evaluate issues, appreciate aesthetics, develop multiple perspectives, and think critically and creatively.