Liberal Arts/Biological Sciences Associate In ArtsApply
To learn more about potential earnings visit:
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Students graduating with the Associates degree in Liberal Arts Biological Science will be able to:
- Understand theoretical principles across a broad range of sub-disciplines in biological sciences and chemistry.
- Understand and be able to apply principles of mathematics as they pertain to the study of biological science and chemistry.
- Understand and be able to apply the scientific method.
- Understand and be able to execute a wide variety of laboratory techniques in microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology, ecology, genetics and chemistry.
- Generate and maintain accurate lab documentation, including a laboratory notebook.
- Analyze and draw conclusions from generated scientific data, and present findings both orally and in formal laboratory reports.
- Conduct basic bioinformatics-based analysis.
- Qualify for transfer to a four-year college or university with the necessary foundation in biology, chemistry and mathematics for upper level study in a wide variety of biological disciplines.