Liberal Arts/Environmental Studies Associate in ArtsApply
Students graduating with the A.A. degree in Liberal Arts/Environmental Studies will be able to:
- Understand general ecological laws and principles regarding the systemic nature of the planet
- Understand and be able to execute a wide variety of laboratory and field science techniques in Environmental Science, Chemistry, and Biology
- Understand the holistic nature of environmental issues stemming from anthropogenic sources, geological sources, biological sources, and the biogeochemistry of the Earth
- Understand and integrate the selected sub-disciplines of environmental science and environmental studies at a more advanced undergraduate level
- Understand and appreciate the overlap of science, public policy, and ethics when exploring environmental and social issues
- Use critical thinking and critical inquiry to analyze and explore ethical, scientific, and policy issues in environmental science
- Employ aforementioned skills to analyze, interpret, and explain scientific data regarding the systems of the earth and be able to present conclusions in formal writing and presentations
- Qualify for transfer to a four-year college or university
Still not sure?
Learn more about the Liberal Arts/Environmental Studies Associate in Arts program.