Surgical Technology Associate in ScienceApply
To learn more about potential earnings visit:
Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook:
Surgical Technology Students will be able to:
- Incorporate knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Microbiology into the practice of surgical technology
- Assess at appropriate levels for progress in the program
- Demonstrate surgical and aseptic safe practice at all times. Recognize unsafe practice in all aspects and immediately report it, per hospital policy
- Practice at all times with a surgical conscience
- Apply ethical, legal, moral and medical values related to the patient and or team during all levels of the perioperative procedure
- Understand elements, actions, and use of all medications, anesthetic agents used during perioperative procedure
- Perform in sequence all perioperative requirements
- Understand, value, and demonstrate professional attributes of a surgical technologist
- Implement actions, behaviors, decisions and characteristics/qualities of a surgical technologist:
- Psychomotor – skill
- Cognitive – learned
- Affective – behavior domains
If at any time during the program the student does not demonstrate/practice the above, they may be placed on suspension from the program with the possibility of not being readmitted to the program.
Still not sure?
Learn more about the Surgical Technology Associate in Science program.