Military/Veterans Education Programs
- VA Certification Request Form - All VA Students must submit a signed VA Certification Request Form.
- NH Veterans' Resource Directory
- The Vow to Hire Heroes Act 2011
- DANTES-Funded CLEP Exams - You may be eligible to take a CLEP (College Level Examination Program) test at no charge. Contact CAPS to make an appointment.
- If you have a documented disability of any kind, please contact Disability Services
VA Education Benefits Information
Step 1 - Apply to college
- You must be admitted to a Degree or Certificate Program. Contact Admissions about a Program of Study or click this link: Apply for Admission
Step 2 - Apply for benefits
You must be approved for VA Education Benefits. Apply.
- If you are Post-9/11 GI Bill™ (Chapter 33) or Montgomery GI Bill™ (Chapters 30, 1606, 1607), then click here to apply VA form 22-1990 application link.
- If you are VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31), then contact Manchester Regional Office link.
- If you are applying for Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35) or Transfer of Entitlement for Post-9/11 Chapter 33, then click here .
Step 3 - Submit your documents
Submit the following documentation to the Registrar's Office at College Services One Stop
- Copy of your VA Education Benefits application
- Copy of your DD214 discharge papers
- Scholarship or Kicker Contract Information
- Notice of Benefit Eligibility (NOBE) from your Unit Commander if you are in the National Guard (Army or Air Force)
Step 4 - Submit your COE
Submit proof of your approval letter of benefits to the Registrar's Office at College Services One Stop
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Step 5 - ASSESSMENT/ADVISING/REGISTRATION
- When you have received an Acceptance letter, contact Advising Center for Individual Advising or Group Advising (depends if you have prior college credits that apply to your program).
- Register for classes
Step 6 - Verify
Verify your enrollment directly with the VA Office at the end of each month during the semester in one of two ways:
- Complete a Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) online at the end of each month.
- Contact the VA Office at its toll free number (877) 823-2378.
If you drop or add classes, verify your enrollment again. This will most likely affect your VA payments.
IMPORTANT: You may qualify for additional federal financial aid in addition to VA Education Benefits. Click here to apply for Financial Aid: FAFSA website
Tuition Assistance Benefit (Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard)
- Must have completed an Online Application for Tuition Assistance (Please apply as soon as possible)
- Must submit approved (signed by the student's Commanding Officer) 2171E Form to GBCC Business Office (2171E may also be emailed to GreatBayBO@ccsnh.edu)
- Must be approved for TA prior to applying for Admission to a Degree or Certificate program. Apply for Admission
- Allowed to use up to $4500 (with a cap of 250.00 per credit hour) of federal tuition assistance every fiscal year (this runs from October to September).
- Used for tuition, registration/lab fees only. Does not include graduation fees, housing, food, or books.
- Submit grades to education office within 90 days of completing a semester.
- Submit copy of degree plan once you have accumulated 9+ semester hours of college credit.
- Please note: Tuition Assistance is treated as Third Party Billing.
NH National Guard Tuition Waiver
- NH Army National Guard Information
- NH Air National Guard Information
- If you exhaust your $4500 of tuition assistance for the fiscal year AND you are attending a NH State School, you may be eligible to receive the tuition waiver program.
- Must have completed Advanced Individual Training (AIT) or Commissioning
- Must be Active member of the NH Army National Guard or NH Air National Guard
- Must be Admitted to a Degree (not Certificate) program. Apply for Admission
- Must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Please note: Tuition Waiver covers 'tuition only,' and fees are paid by the student.