Dual Admission Program
As a first year student, you have the opportunity to enroll in the Dual Admission Program between Great Bay Community College (GBCC) and the University System of New Hampshire (USNH). Start your college career at Great Bay, earn your associate degree, and continue on to USNH for your bachelor’s degree.
The Dual Admission Program allows you to create an academic pathway for a seamless transition from GBCC to USNH.
What Are the Benefits?
- Save money and only pay the Great Bay Community College application fee
- Receive specialized academic advising
- Earn credits that will apply to both your GBCC associate degree and a USNH bachelor’s degree
- Complete GBCC courses that satisfy or prepare you for the USNH Discovery Program (core curriculum) or specific major requirements
- Experience the Wildcat community with invitations to academic, athletic, cultural, and social events throughout the academic year
- Transition to USNH Durham by submitting an “intent-to-enroll” form. No transfer application or fee required
- Guaranteed entry to USNH in Liberal Arts with completion of your AA or AS degree and a cumulative 2.5 grade point average. Access to majors in other college divisions are subject to major specific GPA and course requirements
- Guaranteed university housing
- Eligibility for merit scholarships if you meet scholarship GPA requirements
- The Dual Admission program is best suited for majors in the College of Liberal Arts
- Admission to majors in other college divisions is dependent upon meeting major specific requirements. Additional partnership programs have been established with the University System of New Hampshire to guarantee transfer into the following colleges:
- College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
- College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics
- NH Transfer (nhtransfer.org) – for students who wish to apply prior to completion of an associate degree
Contact the Great Bay Community College Admissions Department at (603) 427-7600 ext. 7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org