Brian Dobson '11


Brian Dobson is a 2011 graduate of Great Bay Community College. He came to the College after serving in the U.S. Army. As a Post 9/11 GI Bill recipient, Brian found funding his education to be a manageable process and after completing his Associates Degree in Liberal Arts American Studies, transferred on to UNH where he received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science. Brian ran for the New Hampshire State Legislator in 2014 and won his district to become a New Hampshire law maker. He is currently the Director of Military and Veteran Affairs for Congressman Guinta (NH-01) working in Manchester.

b-dobson.jpg“What first drew me in to Great Bay was the small class sizes and close community. However over time, Great Bay also gave me many tools in which to succeed in the work force, from my time in the SGA to my classes and workshops, all have given me experience with working in a professional business environment. Probably the most appealing thing about the College however was the fact that it was such a tight knit community. It didn’t matter if it was a professor, a staff member or even the President everyone was always welcoming and friendly.”

While at Great Bay, Brian was an active member of Student Life serving as President of the College’s Student Government Association (SGA), participating in the College’s annual Legislative Breakfast and acting as the Community College System of New Hampshire’s Student Representative on the NH Post-Secondary Commission. He also completed colleges Student Leadership Program and participated in multiple sports. He was recognized as having the highest GPA in his degree for his graduating class. Brian was also recognized by the President of the college and awarded the President’s Award for Outstanding Student.

“The connections, friends and skills I learned from my time at Great Bay Community College have been invaluable to me. I would not be who I am and where I am today had I not gone to Great Bay.”

Tell Us Your Story

Interested in Liberal Arts?

Contact one of the Program Faculty or an Admissions Representative.