Welcome ESL students! English as a Second Language (ESL) Support services for students include individual help with problems in oral and written expression, tutoring in academic subjects, and informal language proficiency evaluation. ESL students are encouraged to discuss cultural, social, and professional concerns with the ESL coordinator. Following are on-going offerings to support ESL students. Services are FREE for students enrolled in credit courses and to members of the community on a fee-for-service basis.
- Language Assessment and ESL referral
- One-on-one academic tutorials in grammar, pronunciation, reading, writing and speaking
- Computerized Language Tutorials
- Tutoring Services
- Career Counseling – Students must be registered for a class at Great Bay Community College to be eligible.
- Services for International students