Printing Costs and Guidelines
Printing & Copying
Great Bay Community College uses a print management solution called PaperCut for network printing from college computers. Every student is given a $40 initial credit for printing and/or copying (scanning to a USB Thumb Drive is free). It is every student's responsibility to monitor their own print account and ration their quota appropriately. If a student runs out of their initial $40 credit they can purchase more credits by visiting the One Stop. All credits expire at the end of every semester and another $40 credit will be reloaded for the new semester. No refunds will be issued for any unused credits (including purchased credits) per semester. Note: There are three semesters in an academic year, Fall, Spring, and Summer. Quotas will start the first day of each semester.
|Single Sided B/W||Double Sided B/W||Single Sided Color||Double Sided Color|
|Letter 8.5" x 11"||.05||.10||.20||.40|
|Legal 8.5" x 14"||.05||.10||.20||.40|
|Tabloid 11" x 17"||.10||.20||.40||.80|
|Great Bay Community College reserves the right to change print/copying quantities and pricing at any time.|
Credits can be purchased in $5.00 increments and can take up to three business days to appear in the students print balance, please plan accordingly. No refunds will be issued for any unused credits or purchased credits per semester.
The four Multifunction Printers are capable of scanning to a USB Thumb Drive. You must login with your GBCC ID to use the scanning features, there is no cost for scanning images to your thumb drive. Note: at this time scanning to email is not available, an announcement will be made when this feature is available.
Printing, Copying & Scanning Guidelines
- Respect the rights of other students, faculty and staff while printing or copying.
- During peak times avoid large print/copying jobs.
- Stored printed jobs expire after 36 hours.
- Do not open the printer for jams, please contact the IT Dept.
- Do not remove toner, please contact the IT Dept.
- Do not remove or load paper, please contact the IT Dept. If you need scratch paper please visit the CAPS lab.
- Do not adjust, unplug, or remove any of the printers components or reconfigure any permanent settings.
- Please be sure you have logged out of your session when making copies or scanning. IMPORTANT: Leaving an open session could allow another user to print on your credits, GBCC is not responsible for left open sessions.
- When copying documents, you are responsible for following copyright laws.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged cards have a $10 replacement fee. Replacement IDs for name changes are free with return of old card, otherwise there will be a $10 fee.
- Do not wait until you are down to a zero balance before purchasing more credits, it can take up to three business days after purchasing to see your new balance.