Center For Academic Planning & Support (CAPS)
The Center for Academic Planning and Support (CAPS) is a multi-service center designed to support students with their academic needs. Please view the links below and the individual support pages for more information about us and all that we do.CAPS services are free of charge to students enrolled in credit-bearing courses and most are available on both the Portsmouth and Rochester campuses. Community members may access the Center and its services through the purchase of a Community Access Card.
CAPS Mission Statement:
The Center for Academic Planning and Support (CAPS) is dedicated to promoting a responsive learning environment that fosters personal challenge, academic success and life-long learning within a global community.
CAPS will empower students and community members to accomplish their educational and employment goals by offering comprehensive services and opportunities that are accessible, innovative, and supportive.
- Open computer lab with software used by most courses
- Tutoring in a variety of formats
- Academic counseling
- Specialized support for students with disabilities, ESOL and international students, adult learners, and students in programs nontraditional for their gender
- Placement testing, CLEP, and other assessments
- Make-up and alternative testing services