GBCC offers a variety of career assistance workshops that occur throughout the Fall and Spring semesters at both the Portsmouth and Rochester Campuses.
Spring 2014 Semester Workshop Offerings list:
- Career Exploration: Come learn about tools to identify your strengths and preferences, what you value in a career or job and how to discover industry-specific insider tips.
- Cover Letters and Resumes: Struggling to get HR to notice you in the pile of job applications? No idea where to start with writing an eye-catching cover letter? Come learn tips and tricks and how to make you stand out from the masses. Make your skills shine on paper!
- Job Searching: You know what you’re looking for, but don’t know where to start. Come learn search strategies, where to look, how social media plays a role and how to network your way in.
- Interviews: What is your weakness? Why should we hire you? Tell me about a time you failed. Don’t know how to answer these? Learn the do’s and don’ts of interviews and get some practice.
- Communication and Learning Styles: Having difficulty dealing with coworkers, classmates, or even your family members? Come learn what your styles are and how to best work with different (and sometimes difficult) people.
Speechcraft workshop series are offered every Spring semester. Check back in January 2015 to see the schedule for next Spring! Or check out the official Speechcraft Presented by Toastmasters International website for offerings in your area here!