GBCC offers a variety of career assistance workshops that occur throughout the Fall and Spring semesters at both the Portsmouth and Rochester Campuses.
Spring 2014 Semester Workshop Offerings list:
- Career Exploration: Come learn about tools to identify your strengths and preferences, what you value in a career or job and how to discover industry-specific insider tips.
- Cover Letters and Resumes: Struggling to get HR to notice you in the pile of job applications? No idea where to start with writing an eye-catching cover letter? Come learn tips and tricks and how to make you stand out from the masses. Make your skills shine on paper!
- Job Searching: You know what you’re looking for, but don’t know where to start. Come learn search strategies, where to look, how social media plays a role and how to network your way in.
- Interviews: What is your weakness? Why should we hire you? Tell me about a time you failed. Don’t know how to answer these? Learn the do’s and don’ts of interviews and get some practice.
- Communication and Learning Styles: Having difficulty dealing with coworkers, classmates, or even your family members? Come learn what your styles are and how to best work with different (and sometimes difficult) people.
Speechcraft is a series of seminar-style practical workshops aimed at helping you learn the fundamentals of public speaking. Experienced speakers will equip you with the skills you need to become a better communicator at school, at work, or at home. Free for Great Bay Community College Students, Faculty, and Staff members.