Great Bay Community College's 6th Annual Convocation
Monday, September 9, 2013 at 12:00 noon
Outdoors on the West Side of the Campus, under the Tent
Convocation serves as the "official" opening of the new academic year and the first of many shared experiences at Great Bay Community College. Convocation provides an opportunity to emphasize and promote community among the membership of the college - including students, faculty, staff and administration. It is both a symbolic and ceremonial tradition that reminds us of our role as an institution of higher education and our commitment to academic excellence and community engagement.
Convocation is also an opportunity to introduce the annual themes that arise from the FYE Common Reader selection. This year's book is HABITUDES by Dr. Tim Elmore.
Highlights of this year's ceremony
- David Meketon from the University of Pennsylvania will present on GRIT
- Paul Petritis, the new Vice President of Academic Affairs, will officially claim the start of the new academic year.
- Natalie Landry, the 2013-2014 Student Government Association President has a message for all students.
- Another Great Bay Alumni will receive an award for his/her accomplishments since graduation.
- A cookout will immediately follow the ceremony, sponsored by the Student Government Association (SGA).
Fourth Annual Alumni Award
At this year's Convocation ceremony, Great Bay Community College will have the pleasure of recognizing a distinguished alumnus for his or her excellence in service to his or her profession, community, or alma mater (Great Bay).