Great Bay Community College offers tutoring in a variety of formats through the Center for Academic Planning and Support (CAPS). These services are free of charge if you are enrolled in a credit-bearing class and are an essential part of CAPS. Both peer and professional tutors are employed by CAPS to facilitate learning in a variety of contexts. Students have the option to join a study group, access the Math, Writing, Science and Computer Support Centers, or work one-on-one with an assigned staff member. Our tutors are dedicated to helping students succeed, become independent and interdependent learners, and reach their academic goals.
All appointment tutoring is held on campus, either within CAPS or a designated room on campus. Early in each semester, drop-in times for the Math, Writing, Science, and Computer Skills Centers are posted in CAPS and on the website. Again, tutoring is FREE to students enrolled in credit-bearing courses.
- Math and Writing Drop-In Centers , coordinated by professionals in those fields. Tutoring Schedule-Portsmouth Tutoring Schedule-Rochester
- Study Groups facilitated by peer tutors
- Small Group Tutoring, a group of 3 to 4 students working on same course
- One-One Tutoring via referral to Tutor Coordinator by faculty or CAPS counselor, or self
- Video, audio, and software programs for self-study, available at CAPS and covering many academic areas
- Web Resources, see Internet Study Resources
- SmartThinking: Online Tutoring
- Tutor Request Form